Back in the mid 1970’s i purchased my first of many electronic music synthesizers. Most of my experimentation envolved my curiosity of how different tones and frequencies affected the brain. The method i had stumbled upon utilized detuning multiple Voltage Controlled Oscillators that were at the core of analog synthesizers of that era. Little did i know at that time there was a field of study called Brainwave Entrainment (BWE) using audio to stimulate the brain into various brainwave states utilizing the beats. And it wasn’t until i stumbled upon a simple software program in 2005 that i realized others were doing what i’d been experimenting with!
Fast forwarding to 2009, i purchased a then-new program called Mind Work Station by a company called T R A N S P A R E N T Corporation (visit their website just include a .com) The files i share here were created with MWS and are free for personal use ( here is a screen shot of one session in MWS editor. ) Please do not post them or link to them from your website. You many link to this page if you wish to share the files with your visitors.
I’m still developing this page so many of the links just go into simple directories. I will be adding more info and files as time allows.
- Please read this first!
- This is a quick information page explaining what is in each directory and also disclaimer and copyright info.
- BWE Articles
- Several interesting articles i’ve located on the net pertaining to BWE
- BWE Audio – Jolt files
- Several 10 minute audio files for use with headphones that are designed to entrain the brain into Beta-Alert state.
- BWE Audio – JoltX2 files
- Several 21 minute audio files for use with headphones that are designed to entrain the brain into High Beta-Alert state.
- BWE Audio – PMSR files
- Several 25 & 60 minute audio files for use with headphones that are designed to entrain the brain into state that studies have shown relieve PMS symptoms in some patients.
- BWE Audio – PowerNap files
- Several 21 minute audio files for use with headphones that are designed to entrain the brain into low-Alpha relaxed state.
- BWE Audio – Various files
- Several audio files for use with headphones that range from sleep induction to inducing altered states! Some fun stuff.
- BWE Audio – Health and Wellness Volume 1
- I created these audio files as part of my employers Health & Wellness program that i head up. (NOTE to my fellow Costco empolyees, I would truly appreciate your feedback on these audio files. You can contact me via the eddress noted in this article so i may further develop files for our use in the Health & Wellness programs. I encourage you to share this link and files with your crew and hope they are beneficial. Thanks in advance!)
I put a several additional files in this website version of Volume 1 that did not fit on the CD for the in-warehouse-project. One of them, BWEtgl_13m_SoftIntroEnergizer.mp3 works well as an alarm in the morning. The volume ramps up from zero during the first four minutes. No shock to the system and gentle rain, wind chimes and tibetan signing bowl as a final wake-up 🙂 Simply set your device to begin playing this file 13 minutes before you would normaly set your alarm. By the time you get out of bed you should be in a nice alert state.
: ) Thom